Wautier: "The solution came in the form of Zivver's Secure Emailing software. Now with Zivver, we can solve the following challenges:
- Minimize the risk of data leaks
- GDPR compliance
- Better control of privacy-sensitive data flows
- User-friendly solution for non-technical users
- Ability to recall emails after they have been sent
- Secure information exchange due to the Zivver alerts/alarms and data classification
The implementation was done swiftly. "After the implementation in the clinic and concise training from Zivver, the software was quickly adopted in the organization and integrated into our day-to-day operations. The collaboration with Zivver, even done remotely due to the pandemic, went exceptionally well without any issues".
The employees of the clinic communicate in French, English, and Dutch. Zivver's software scans the emails and attachments in all these languages while the email is being composed. Sector-specific business rules ensure that the right security level is applied to each message, every time, and can be easily adjusted as needed. These rules help maintain control over information security while meeting legal requirements. For example, employees are reminded on a daily basis how to handle privacy-sensitive information with Zivver’s alerts, which fosters better decision-making.
Zivver is also helpful to communicate with the European network. "Privacy-sensitive data can also be shared securely with these external partners. Recipients don’t have to create a Zivver account, but must first authenticate themselves. In this way, it’s user-friendly and guaranteed to be safe while also complying with European privacy legislation (GDPR).
Benoît Folens, Director General CNP Saint-Martin Namur, adds: "What is the ultimate benefit of using Zivver? It will help our organization to further digitize and innovate. Secure digital communication flows ultimately contribute to providing better care. Things can be discussed and shared digitally more quickly, and patients can rest assured that their data is safe with us".
The main reasons for recommending Zivver to other healthcare organizations in Belgium are, according to Pierre Wautier:
- Better control over privacy-sensitive data and online communication
- Zivver’s integrations mean we don't have to change the way we work to be able to email securely
- Zivver’s real time alerts raise awareness among employees about the safe sharing of privacy-sensitive information. This aspect is very important for the future of our clinic and protecting our reputation!